- 1cup / 225g butter, room temperature
- 3cups / 390g all purpose flour
- 1tsp baking soda
- a big pinch of salt
- 2cups / 400g sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 2tbsp lemon zest
- 1/2cup / 120ml fresh lemon juice
- 3/4cup / 180ml plain yogurt
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2cup / 180g powdered sugar
- 3-4tbsp lemon juice
1) Preheat the oven to 180 degrees. In a medium bowl mix together your dry ingredients: flour, baking soda and salt; set aside. In a smaller bowl mix together your wet ingredients: lemon zest, 1/2cup lemon juice and yogurt; set aside.
2) In a large bowl beat together butter and sugar until fluffy and pale. Add the eggs one at a time, scraping the bowl after every few eggs. Add in the vanilla. Lower down your mixer speed and add 1/4 of the dry ingredients. Then add 1/3 of the wet ingredients. Alternate the dry and wet, trying not to overmix the batter.
3) Grease your bundt pan generously with butter and coat with flour. Pour in the batter and bake for 55-60 minutes. Check if it's baked with a skewer. When baked, leave on a wire rack to cool completely in the pan.