- 3/4 cup (175g) unsalted butter
- 115g semi-sweet chocolate bar, coarsely chopped
- 2 cups (400g) granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup (95g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup (125g) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line a 9x13 inch pan pan with parchment paper, leaving an overhang on the sides to lift the finished brownies/caramel out of the pan as a whole. This makes cutting easier.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the butter and half of your chopped chocolate. Melt in 30 second increments, whisking after each, until completely smooth. Whisk in the sugar until completely combined, then whisk in the eggs and vanilla. The batter will be light brown and a little dull looking.
- Add the cocoa powder, flour, salt and the other half of your chopped chocolate. Fold it all together with a rubber spatula or wooden spoon. Batter will be very thick. Spread evenly into prepared pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes, then test the brownies with a toothpick. Insert it into the center of the pan. If it comes out with wet batter, the brownies are not done. If there are only a few moist crumbs, the brownies are done. Keep checking every 2 minutes until you have moist crumbs. My brownies take 31-32 minutes.
- Serve warm with ice cream and/or caramel sauce. Enjoy!