THE BEST MACARONI & CHEESE RECIPE

As soon as I posted a photo of this amazing comfort food classic on my Instagram story, you guys went crazy! My messages were flooded with requests for a recipe so here it is. It's very easy to make, takes a bit of time, but it is definitely worth it. I listed some of my favourite cheeses to use in this meal. but feel free to use whatever type of cheese you want. I tried my best to take as many photos I can to guide you step-by-step. If you make this or anything from my blog, make sure to tag me on your photos!


INGREDIENTS:
  • 300g of Corkscrew Pasta (or any shape of pasta you like), cooked according to package directions and drained
  •  4 Tbsp of Unsalted Butter
  •  4 Tbsp of Flour 
  • Salt and Pepper to taste
  • 480ml of milk
  • 100g Gouda cheese, grated
  • 100g Emmentaler cheese, grated
  • 125g mozzarella, chopped
  • a handful of grated Parmesan cheese 
  • a handful of breadcrumbs
  • bacon strips, to taste







RECIPE:


Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.  On a medium heat, add a little bit of oil into a sauce pan and your sliced bacon. Cook until super crispy, for at least 5 minutes.


 Once your bacon is cooked, transfer it on a plate with a tea towel to drain the excess fat.


Turn the heat down to low. To the same saucepan add your butter and melt it.


Then quickly add the flour into the butter and stir vigorously. This is called a roux and it is going to thicken your bechamel. Cook your roux for about 30 seconds.


Now, slowly but consistently, pour your milk into the roux while constantly stirring the mixture to avoid clumps. Cook this sauce on medium-low heat while stirring until it is thickened.


Add your cheese and cook for two more minutes until everything is combined. Add salt and pepper to taste (you can also add other spices such as smoked paprika, cayenne pepper, garlic powder etc. for added flavour. 


Next step is optional, but it is my secret to that yellow-orange color. What is it? Store-bought queso dip! I add two big spoonfuls.


Add this mixture to your pasta along with the bacon and stir so it's all coated.



Transfer everything into an oven safe dish. In a small bowl, mix together your breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese. Sprinkle this all over your pasta. 

 
Bake it for 25-30 minutes, until it's bubbling and edges are golden brown.


ENJOY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment